Monday, January 28, 2013

When You're Overwhelmed....

Isaiah 43:2
     "When you pass through the waters I will be with you;
          and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
      When you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
          and the flame shall not consume you."
 
     This verse is true with several things.  Not only in the literal sense(although I do not recommend that you try to drown or burn yourself to see if you get hurt) but with sin, the literal world, and finally, my clumsiness.
     Now, I'm one of the most clumsy and random people I know(and I know lots of clumsy people).  I can't draw circles or straight lines, and I manage to drop the same thing five times, right after I picked it up!  Throughout winter, I'm just plain doomed.  Combine ice, snow, rain, and the terrible temperatures and love St. Louis, and they spell just one word: DANGER!  Now this Sunday I brought my study Bible is 1800 pages, and it weighs a whole ton, and I brought snacks for our youth group.  Mix these with my 1,000,000 pound purse and I have no hope.  It had iced the night before, and so I slipped once or twice on my way there.
     That is an illustration of what your Christian walk can feel like sometimes.  It can feel like you're juggling a million things while walking on a steep, slippery ground and you have no hope.  But even though you may not see him, God is walking right next to you, waiting for you to let him pick it up!  Most of the time, he may even be carrying it without you knowing.  I get so frustrated sometimes, feeling like my prayers aren't being answered when I don't get an immediate response.  I have some big issues that I pray for every night, but every morning I wake up feeling like God doesn't want me to be happy because the same thing still makes me miserable.
     While I may not be the most clumsy person in the UNIVERSE, I'm still pretty up there.  :)  Hopefully age will bring me some talent?  I'm not getting my hopes up, though.  God has made me appreciate my gifts as well as my not-so-great-clumsiness.  While there are definitely some things about me that don't exactly make me love myself, my laugh and clumsiness basically determine my character, so I'm not exactly complaining!

Thanks,
     ~HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww Hannah, I love that! I totally agree with the whole having to juggle a million things feeling. And, just follow the advice above: Just say no to scissors :)

    ReplyDelete